Wednesday, February 9, 2011

“I see not too much has changed...”

After the above was mentioned to me yesterday, I decided it was time for a little self-reflection to see what indeed has/hasn't changed in me in the last 5 (that's right folks, 5) months. I came to the conclusion that:

I still...

exclaim “yay!!” when I get excited =P
eat all day everyday
dance any time I hear good music playing (which is pretty much all the time here)
take trillions of pictures
can't make it through the day with my hair down
wear boring natural colors 95% of the time
prefer writing to reading
prefer teaching boys to teaching girls
procrastinate and produce amazing results regardless
truly admire nature's subtle (and not-so-subtle) beauties
am super low maintenance compared to the other girls around me
love listening to r&b/reggae/broadway/acoustic rock/reggaeton on my mp3
am a perfectionist
smile and make eye contact with strangers on the street
walk fast
love my students to death and get super excited (yay!) when they master something new

So what has changed? Well, now I...

don't react at all to large insects on my floor/wall/bed
never throw my clothes on the floor (see above)
run every morning
don't mind washing dishes
have added tons of bachata to my mp3
am gaining weight like woah
can communicate better in Spanglish than English or Spanish
don't stress if I'm running a little late
consider sleeping until 8am sleeping in
can choke down hard boiled eggs (after 24 years of egg-free breakfasts on Easter)
enjoy eating cabbage – cooked and raw
eat at least 2 bananas a day – usually more
(ASIDE: clearly it hasn't changed that in order to talk about myself, I must talk about food.)

Yeah....so after reading this, I realize that aside from forcing those of you who miss my Krista-isms to remember me and smile for a second or two, this blog was completely pointless haha. I'll try to update you all on some PC stuff next time – although now that school has started, I'm insanely busy and I'm not sure when that update will get posted.

“Yay” for the new school year!!

2 comments:

  1. I am soooo glad to hear about many of these changes!!!! My favorites are the lack of clothes on the floor, washing dishes, eating cabbage (cheap, delicious and lo-cal!). It all sounds great but those are definitely my favorites! You sound like all is well and I'm really glad to be able to speak with you as often as I do. Be well, be safe, and tell us all about your new school adventures. Much love, FM

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still eat, dance, smile, take pics and say yay! That's all I needed to know! I haven't changed-I still love and miss you lots!!

    ReplyDelete